Tenant Qualification Standards
AG HOMES, INC DOES BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER STATE OR FEDERAL PROTECTED CLASS.
Tenant Qualification Standards and Selection
Below please review our residential qualification criteria.
- Applicants MUST be adults over the age of 18.
- A separate Rental Application is required for each adult, 18 years of age or older, intending to occupy the Premises. Each Rental Application must be filled out completely and truthfully. Each application must be signed by the applicant.
- Valid Personal Photo Identification: A valid (non-expired), clear and readable government issued photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, State or Government ID, Passport) must be attached to the Rental Application.
When tenant candidates make application and pay the application processing fee they are authorizing AG Homes to:
- check your credit report,
- check public records for past evictions,
- verify your employment,
- verify your previous landlord references,
- run a criminal background check,
- check local county records,
- run occupant names through the sex offender database.
- $45 for each adult
Co-signer may be Required for Applicants with
- combined income of 2 to 3 times monthly payment will require a co-signer
- combined, 25% – 50% of accounts in good standing will require increased security deposit and co-signer
- One account in collection will require increased security deposit and co-signer
- Credit Score
- A credit score of 500- 619 may qualify with increased security deposit.
- A minimum credit score of 500 is required.
- Any discharged bankruptcies within the last one year may be approved with increased security deposit
- No open bankruptcies
- Accounts in Good Standing
- Applicants with combined 25% – 50% of accounts in good standing will require increased security deposit and co-signer
- minimum of 25% of accounts must be in good standing
- Accounts in Collection
- Applicants with combined 1 account in collection will require increased security deposit
- no more than 2 or more accounts in collection
- No Violent or Repeat Non-Violent Criminal Conviction History
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- Applicants with combined gross income of less than 3 times monthly payment may require a co-signer and increased security deposit.
- Minimum combined income 2 times monthly payment is required.
- Income source must be verified (examples include)
- previous year’s Tax Return
- payroll check stubs
- The normal maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom plus one additional occupant. Persons under two (2) years of age will not be included in the count.
- We accept pets into many of our rental properties. Only non-violent, common domesticated household pets will be allowed on any property that permits animals. No history of any injuries to human(s). No history of damage to property. No citing(s) by an animal control authority.
- We reserve the right to deny any pet at any time for any reason both prior to a lease and during a lease should the pet become a nuisance.
- Pet restrictions may be waved in the case of a qualified “service animal” to accommodate a person with a disability. A letter from a licensed mental health professional on his/her letterhead must states that Applicant is disabled and that a service animal has been prescribed for the Applicant.
- A clear and current photo (attach online) of each animal expected to reside on the premises must be submitted with the Application.
- For any animal that is approved, an additional non-refundable one-time fee of $250.00 per animal is required. Additional $20 monthly pet fee will apply.
List of Restricted Breeds:
- Pit Bull Terriers
- Staffordshire Terriers
- Presa Canarios
- Chows Chows
- Doberman Pinschers
- Cane Corsos
- Great Danes
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Siberian Huskies
- Exotic Animals (ie. Ferrets, Tigers, ect)
- Farm Animals
- Evidence of renter’s Insurance is required prior to to occupancy of Premises and at the time of each lease renewal period.
- Applicants must submit 2 years of resident history. Applicants must also be reported to have “taken good care of the property”.
- Resident history including but not limited to timely payment, appropriate notice of intent to vacate, disturbances to peace, illegal activities, violence or threats and/or intimidation of others, and property damages will be considered.
- We may deny the application or require additional security deposits depending on resident history.
- Applicants must not have an outstanding balance with a previous landlord.
- Applicants with any eviction judgments within 1 – 5 years may be approved with increase security deposit
- Applicants must not have a rental eviction on their record for the past 1 year
- In addition to monthly rent, a security deposit of at least one month’s rent will charged to prior to tenancy.
- In the event you enter into a lease agreement and change your mind prior to taking possession of the rental property, you shall forfeit all deposit funds as liquidated damages. In addition, you may be held responsible to the additional terms of the lease you signed.
- A increased security deposit may be required for
- A credit scores 500 to 619.
- Gross Income of 2 to 3 times the monthly payment
- discharged bankruptcies within the last 1 year
- any accounts in collection
- evictions judgement within 1 – 5 years
- 100% of our rental units are smoke free.
- Tenants who have a lease terminated for smoking may forfeit all security deposits.