Tenant Qualification Standards
AG HOMES, INC DOES BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER STATE OR FEDERAL PROTECTED CLASS.
Thank you for considering AG Homes, INC in your search for a home to rent. We take pride in the quality of rental homes that we manage and are excited to welcome each new qualified tenant into our homes. We not only look for good homes to manage as rentals, we also look for good tenants. We do have standards, but want to be considerate of each person and situation. Please take a moment to review our Tenant Qualification Standards below.
A separate rental application must be completed accurately, truthfully and as completely as possible by each person 18 years old or older who will reside on the property. An application fee is charged for each application. This must be paid at the time your application is turned in. Your application will not be processed without receipt of the application fee. If your application is turned in without the application fee and another application comes in before your application fee is paid the other application will be processed first.
The application screening process will take approximately 1 to 3 business days. After acceptance and once the lease forms are completed the rent/deposit/fees must be paid., Once all required payments have been made and the lease forms completed, your keys will be available for either immediate occupancy or upon the time that the home is ready for occupancy.
Screening your application includes verifying your income or ability to pay, contacting former and current landlords, running a credit check, criminal history, and public records check. By digitally signing the online Rental Application, you have authorized us to contact such agencies as necessary, and authorize them to release information to us so we may evaluate your application. If we deny tenancy based on information discovered during the screening process, you have the right to receive copies of such information upon written request from the credit bureau (Experian) directly, to determine and dispute the accuracy of the information for which a denial is made. We are not required to investigate or dispute matters on your behalf and/or to release or disclose information except as required by law. Homes may not be held during an ongoing dispute resolution.
AG Homes’ Tenant Qualification Standards
- Preview the property first: You must schedule an appointment with your agent or our leasing agent to see the inside of the property.
- Complete And Sign Rental Application: A separate Rental Application is required for each adult, 18 years of age or older, intending to occupy the Premises. Each Rental Application must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant.
- Complete And Sign Personal Information Release Form: All tenant applicants must legibly and truthfully complete and sign a Personal Information Release contained in the application authorizing the landlord or landlord’s agent the right to obtain personal information about the applicant’s credit, criminal, rental and employment history.
- Pay a Non-Refundable Rental Application Fee: A processing fee of $25 must accompany each Rental Application, which may be paid by either credit card during the online application or by cash, money order or cashier’s check. The Rental Application Fee may not be paid with a personal check. The Rental Application processing fee is non-refundable. No Rental Application will be processed without a processing fee. Rent, deposits or other fees are not accepted without an approved Rental Application. Applicants may submit their payment in person when submitting an application or complete an online application through the website. Rental application fees are non-refundable once received, except in cases where a prior applicant was approved, or if the property becomes unavailable to rent.
- All tenant applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Occupancy Maximums: The normal maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom plus one additional occupant. Persons under two (2) years of age may or may not be included in the count.
- Valid Personal Photo Identification: A valid (non-expired), clear and readable government issued photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, State or Government ID, Passport) must be attached to the Rental Application.
- AG Homes does not provide insurance on your contents located within the home. Renter’s Insurance is highly recommended.
- Verifiable Residency History: Residency must be verified for a minimum of the last twenty-four months (2 years) with no interruptions. Rental history references must reflect timely payment, appropriate notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding disturbances or illegal activities, no history of violence or threats and/or intimidation of others, no NSF checks, no damage to previous rental units, and no failure to leave the premises clean and without damage at the time of lease termination. Rental History must be verifiable from unbiased sources. If you are related by blood or marriage to one of the previous landlords listed, or your rental history does not include at least two previous landlords, we may require an increased security deposit on your lease. It is your responsibility to provide us with information necessary to allow us to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your residence history. If you owned rather than rented your previous home, you may need to furnish mortgage references and proof of title, ownership, or transfer.
- A credit report from a national credit reporting agency will be obtained on all applicants. Any applicant with a history of eviction or landlord judgment for past-due rent will be denied. All applicants must be creditworthy and have no greater than reasonable, any charge-off accounts, accounts placed for collection, late payment accounts, or bankruptcy within the past twenty-four months. Three (3) or more unpaid collections (not medical related) in the past 24 months may result in denial of your application. In some cases, however, bad credit does not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration. Those applicants who demonstrate financial stability, and/or have an acceptable landlord history, and/or post an increased security deposit may be given further consideration. AG Homes, Inc may require a security deposit to be increased by not more than two times the rental amount for an unfurnished home, and not more than three times the rental amount for a furnished home.
Resident Qualification Standards:
Above 620 – Approved based on their credit score and verification of income. No increase in security deposit will be required.
570-619 – Conditionally approved (other factors like income, job stability, and landlord reference will influence final decision and additional deposit will most likely be required if applicant(s) are approved. Additional deposit is typically 1.5 times the monthly rent amount).
569 and lower – Approved based on circumstances, applicants going through a recent hardship (i.e. foreclosure or short sale) may be approved with additional deposit typically 2 times the monthly rent amount.
- Foreign Exchange Students: Typically approved with double deposit if no credit history in the U.S.
- Verifiable Source of Legitimate and Sufficient Income: All tenant applicants must have a verifiable source of legitimate income for the total household equal to at least three times their monthly rental rate.
- Verifiable Ability to Pay: The ability to pay rent will be verified on all applicants. Reliable documentation for income sources must be provided. Self-employed applicants may be required to produce the previous year’s Tax Return (IRS Form 1040), recent bank statements, or other evidence of financial ability to pay. Applicant may, at applicant’s discretion, provide payroll check stubs or other income statements covering a minimum of the last six months as additional documentation to assist in verifying current employment and income.
- No Violent or Repeat Non-Violent Criminal Conviction History: All tenant applicants must have no violent or felony criminal convictions and no violent or repeat misdemeanor criminal convictions within the past seven-years. Any felony or misdemeanor conviction involving, drug related offenses, property damage, weapons, assault, or any other conviction involving moral turpitude may be grounds for disqualification. Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- All Animals Must Be Disclosed on the Rental Application and must complete separate Domestic Pet Application. Animals are permitted only on certain properties at the sole discretion and approval of the Property Owner. Only non-violent, common domesticated household pets will be allowed on any property that permits animals. Unless specific zoning regulations permit, farm animals, snakes, other reptiles, exotic animals, and any large or aggressive animal will not be approved. Exceptions may be granted for licensed breeders, trained military/K9 working dogs, or qualified service animals covered by a renters insurance policy. For any animal that is approved, an additional security deposit of a minimum of $250.00 per animal is required and $20 monthly pet fee will apply. Fees or security deposits in addition to these amounts may be required at the sole discretion of each individual Property Owner. It is the policy of AG Homes, Inc to waive animal restrictions in the case of a qualified “service animal” to accommodate a person with a disability. The Applicant must provide a letter from a licensed mental health professional (i.e therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist,) on his/her letterhead that states that Applicant is disabled and that a service animal has been prescribed for the Applicant. A clear and current photo (attach online) of each animal expected to reside on the premises must be submitted with the Application.
- Application Processing Timeframes: Typical application processing will be started in one to two business days. Occasionally, it may take longer to process an application based on inability to contact your references. If your references are unable to be contacted, your application may be further delayed. While AG Homes, Inc will make reasonable efforts to verify the information provided, and will attempt to contact the applicant if there is a delay in verification, incomplete or unverifiable information may result in declining a Rental Application. Upon completion of processing the applicant will be notified that the Rental Application has been approved or declined.
- Upon approval, Security Deposit must be paid in full in in order to secure the lease. No less than one business days prior to occupancy and present all monies due rent, security deposit, animal fees, and any other sums due. The premise will be available to other applicants until security deposit is paid in full.
- Applications will be processed in order received. This applies to applications that are approvable with no increase in security deposit. In the event that an increase in security deposit is needed or there are multiple sets of applications, applications will be approved on a best-qualified basis. Rental Applications from other applicants are accepted until a Rental Application is approved and security deposit is paid in full. AG Homes Inc cannot guarantee that any unit viewed will still be available by the time the Rental Application is processed.
- Security Deposits: Applicant will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease closing equivalent to the amount of one month’s rent, minimum. Security Deposits will be held in a non-interest bearing trust account managed by the Owner and will be returned to the tenant at the termination of the lease in accordance with the lease and state law.
- Co-Signers: In certain situations, at AG Homes Inc discretion, a higher security deposit, and/or additional pre-paid rent, and/or guarantors (co-signers) may be accepted in lieu of acceptable credit and/or landlord history. A guarantor/co-signer must complete a Co-Signer Application packet, pay the application fee, and be qualified in order to be a guarantor. We only accept co-signers for full-time student applicants who are 24 years of age or younger.